Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Trying the $20+2

Could not resist trying out the next level, so started up 2 tables of $20+2 regular sng.

Had a pretty good start on the first table, but then ran a little carddead. Then at level 40/80 I have queens in the bigblind, and face an UTG+1 3x raise. My stack is 1595 so I don't want to push, and just call hoping not to see an ace. Flop comes 3 blanks under 9 and I checkraise him all-in, just to see two kings! But a lovely lady shows up on the river. I make 3rd place shoving 9bb with K6 into A9s.

On the second table I make it to the bubble with 3rd in chips, but then 17 hands in a row I get NO cards and NO opportunities to push . Furthermore I sit after the low stack who is a REG, and the REG has a fish to his right who folds or limps his small blind to him. And of course I have another REG sitting after me! If only the seating had been different I think i could have made it in the money here also?

Have to say that if I had not been lucky in BOTH games, I would have lost the $44.

This level however, is almost like another world of playing. Usually I study the next level before trying it out so that I have the regs marked, but this time I did it in game. And when we finished I saw that I had been playing 3 regs in each game. Not +EV!

Still, most players at this level knows what they are doing. But when I have gathered some more money on level $10+1 and have studied and found the regs in level $20+2 - I will move up, and I will counqer!

5 comments:

  1. I don't think U should do these "hitNrun" on higher levels - 2 tabling.

    Get a good 1000+ sample on 11$ ..and them move up to 22$, if you are solid +ROI .. like i did in 2008 ;)

    Jimmy, you truly have the ICM talent .. but also need to get your volume/badbeat talent up-and-running.

    Best regards
    -Mike Tyson

    http://miketysonpoker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey also if you want a cushion and learn to beat the games u can always sign up at www.Pocarr.com and start getting staked and coach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike. You are so right! Although i don't think I will play 1000 games before moving up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Dustin, and thanks for checking my blog. But I don't think i need 10,000 games of staking/coaching. Sure I would like a look at my play, but I will never finish those 10,000.

    ReplyDelete
  5. np just shooting out an invite :) and added you to blogroll btw

    ReplyDelete